Sweet-n-sour Shrimp w/broccoli and buckwheat noodles
2 t. peanut or vegetable oil
1 lb. Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice
½ cup apricot preserves
2 T. bottled Hoisin sauce
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
2 cups broccoli florets
8 ounces soba (buckwheat) noodles
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic and sauté 2 minutes, until just turning pink.
Add pineapple, apricot preserves, Hoisin sauce and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Add Brussels sprouts and broccoli, and simmer 5 minutes, until shrimp is cooked and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Arrange on individual plates and top with shrimp mixture.
Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
½ head Chinese cabbage lettuce, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 Carrots, diced
1 russet potato, cubed
1 can low sodium diced tomatoes
1 T. cayenne pepper
3 T. Braggs amino acid
Filtered water (enough to cover vegetables)
Oregano & Basil seasoning
½ bunch parsley, chopped
Cut up all vegetables and place them in a large soup pan or a pressure cooker. Cover with
filtered water. Add cayenne pepper, Braggs, Oregano, Basil, and parsley. Seal with
aluminum foil and a tight lid or if using a pressure cooker, seal off lid and push down the button. Place stovetop on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Turn the stove down to low and let simmer for 1 hour or longer. If using a pressure cooker, wait until
the button pops up to turn down the heat. Then, let it simmer for an hour or longer.
Serving size: 1 cup
1. Dill pickle and a slice of turkey wrapped around it! - salty, crunchy and healthy! A perfect combo!
2. 2 cups air popcorn and 2 egg whites! Keeps you awake and the protein keeps you satiated!
3. 6 wheat crackers with 2oz smoked salmon! Fiber, good fat, and protein! A perfect combo snack!
4. Lettuce wrapped around 2oz turkey! Fast and lean for on the go!
5. Half of a red pepper dipped in 2 tbsp hummus! Antioxidants and good heart healthy fats!
6. 4oz canned white tuna, 1 tbsp non fat mayo mixed on a large celery stick! - Power protein snack with a crunchy fiber finish!
7. 1 oz Pirate's Booty snack pack and 2 hard boiled egg whites- This snack satisfies even my kids! Its fun to eat and the egg whites balance out the carbohydrates to make it complete! Love it!
8. 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1 cup non fat milk, ice 3 frozen strawberries blended! This is a great pre workout snack I recommend to my clients that want to build muscle but stay lean!
9. 4 oz rotisserie chicken breast wrapped in a small corn tortilla
*When you need a pick me up! Green tea is the natural energy booster your body needs to keep you going!
Cindy's Product of the week!
Great Value – The Cindy Whitmarsh Boo Bundle!!
PUT DOWN THE HALLOWEEN CANDY!!! For a limited time I have put together a full package of everything you need to be at your best. Here’s what you’ll get:
My Ultrafit Workout book – a complete plan for fitness filled with tips, exercises for core, interval and cross training.
My Ultrafit Cooking book – filled with easy, healthy and delicious recipes
ULTRA Omega Oil 32oz –Do you have Sugar Cravings? Need to lose weight? Hormones out of control? Poor immune system? I have the answer to all your needs with Ultra Omega Oil!
I’m discounting the package to $39.99!! Retail is $72.85!
What are you waiting for?? No Regrets!! You can start making changes today and Cindy Whitmarsh is here to help you!