1. In a large skillet, brown the ground meat. When it is almost completely cooked, run the hot water in your sink. Place the completely cooked meat into a colander and rinse under the running hot water for a couple of minutes. Rinse out your skillet also.
2. Reheat your skillet on medium high; return the meat to the skillet along with the taco seasoning. Stir together with about ½ cup water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. To make the taco salad, put a layer of corn chips in a bowl. Sprinkle on about a quarter of the meat. Add ½ head of chopped iceberg lettuce, 2 chopped tomatoes, ½ lb. Shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese, ½ chopped onion, and hot sauce. Dab on a couple of tablespoons of fat-free sour cream and sprinkle on a teaspoon of chopped cilantro and serve.
Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
Low-fat Granola treat
1 cup non-fat or low-fat Healthy Choice Granola
23 small twist pretzels, broken into small pieces
1 cup Better’n peanut butter from Henry’s
1 cup sugar free syrup (sweetened with Splenda)
1. Melt Peanut Butter and syrup in the microwave until it becomes liquid. Pour over the dry
2. Mixture of granola and pretzels. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Everyone loves desserts! But what can you possibly have when you are trying to lose weight and sugar is known to be the devil? Dessert is something that you don’t have to give up completely. Everything can be eaten in moderation. What does that mean? Depending on your goals and what you are trying to achieve, try to have desserts less often. Choose one day a week that you allow yourself a dessert. Then, on that night, choose a low-fat dessert and only have one piece. This way you won’t feel deprived and you’ll be able to reach your weight loss goals. Here are some things to consider when choosing when, what and how much dessert to have:
Be really good on your plan during the week and allow yourself one weekend night to have a desert.
If having a dinner party that you need a desert for, make a low-fat desert that everyone can enjoy like angel food cake with strawberries and non-fat whipped cream.
When out to dinner and everyone is ordering desert, share with a friend or just have a couple of bites of a desert rather than an entire dessert yourself.
If out to dinner and you know that you want desert that night, make better carbohydrate choices for your meal. For example, instead of having a baked potato, a glass of wine, and a desert, have a 6 ounces of grilled fish with vegetables and then your desert.
When baking deserts, use egg whites and applesauce to make it lower fat. Look on the Internet to find all kinds of low-fat, low-sugar recipes that make up delicious deserts.
Enjoy sugar-free Popsicle’s, sugar-free instant pudding, and sugar-free instant Jell-O for an evening snack when those sugar craving hits.
Better dessert choices:
Sorbet or low fat frozen yogurt is a better choice than regular ice cream.
Low-fat graham cracker pie crust with low-fat or non-fat frozen yogurt inside. Freeze for a delicious pie.
Low-fat graham cracker pie crust with sugar-free instant banana pudding, sliced bananas on top and non-fat whipped cream for a delicious banana cream pie!
Gingersnap cookies are a better choice than chocolate chip cookies.
Angle food cake is a better choice than chocolate cake.
A few pieces of licorice are a better choice than a chocolate candy bar.
Low-fat versions are always better than full fat desserts! Most of the time they taste just as good and you don’t even miss the extra calories and fat!
Desserts don’t have to be taboo on your weight loss plan.
Just by making better choices when dining out and allowing yourself a little bit of desert here and there rather than every day, you’ll be able to still attain your weight loss goals without feeling deprived! Enjoy yourself! Make this plan a lifestyle that you can stick with! For other options of great low fat, quick and easy desserts look into purchasing the Ultrafit Cookbook that has Ultra-fast & Ultra-easy recipes. There is an entire chapter dedicated just to delicious desserts!