19th Annual Walls of Excellence Induction Ceremony
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Each year for over a decade, the Council Office will receive nominations for high school seniors from who are eligible for induction into the distinguished 2019 Walls of Excellence.
The purpose of the Walls of Excellence is to confer distinction for high achieving students in the Fourth Council District. To be eligible, the high school senior must meet a high academic standard and demonstrate community service involvement.
The Council Office receives three nominations from the four High Schools in the district. Each year, they induct 12 students. Their names are engraved and memorialized on glass plagues and installed at the Walls of Excellence on Willie James Jones Avenue at Imperial Avenue.
Councilmember Montgomery also launched her campaign from there.
The names for 2019 are:
1. Tatiana Butte, Morse High School
2. Danny Maganda, Gompers Preparatory Academy
3. Aaron James Reynolds, Lincoln High School
4. Phonisha Pruitt, Lincoln High School
5. Crystalinda White, San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts