47 year-old inducted into the Marathon Grand Slam Club
Some fun facts from Vivian Lee:
1. North Pole Marathon was my first marathon.
a. The race was run entirely on water – the frozen water of the Arctic Ocean
b. I started running in 2014,
c. my first half marathon was Carlsbad Half in 2015
2. Marathon Des Sables is a self-sufficient, multi-stage ultramarathon.
a. It is a six-day, 252 km race, which is approximately the distance of six regular marathons.
b. The longest single stage is 86 km long.
c. Runners have to carry all their own food and gears
d. The high temperature reached 110 F.
e. It is known as the Toughest Foot Race on Earth
3. Inca Trail Marathon in Peru started at 8,650 feet and ending at 8,930 feet while reaching peaks of 13,800, 13,000 and 12,000 feet.
4. Antarctic Ice Marathon was the last race to complete the Marathon Grand Slam
a. We ran against 32 knots wind
b. Runners slept in unheated clamshell tents
5. I use my races to raise money for the orphans at Ninos de Fe in Mexico. More info here: https://www.crowdrise.com/marathon-grand-slam-for-mexican-orphans