Ashes-to-go provided around San Diego for Ash Wednesday
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Saint Paul’s Cathedral is offering ashes-to-go for patrons who cannot make it to a service on Ash Wednesday to mark the beginning of Lent.
“Ashes-to-Go is about bringing spirit, belief, and belonging out from behind church doors, and into the places where we go every day," according to their website. "It’s a simple event with deep meaning, drawing on centuries of tradition and worship to provide a contemporary moment of grace."
Ashes-to-go will be available at the following locations:
- Courthouse/Hall of Justice (8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- City College – 16th and C St. (8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Downtown – 6th and B ST (8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- City Hall (7:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- San Diego Zoo (8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- Hillcrest Ralph’s/Starbucks (8:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- Downtown Broadway & Kettner (8:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- Starbucks 5th & Laurel (8:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
For more information visit their website.