Automobile Heritage Day
Automobile Heritage Day – August 8, 2015
Kimball Park, National City
Festival & Car Show in National City Partners with Statewide PEV Ride and Drive Series to Accelerate Adoption of Electric Vehicles throughout California
- The 24th Annual Automobile Heritage Festival & Car Show, hosted by the National City Chamber of Commerce, will take place at Kimball Park in National City on Saturday, August 8 from 9 AM to 3 PM. Tradition meets modernization at this year’s event. More than 200 participants will showcase their classic automobiles and compete for awards ranging from turn-of-the-century production cars to muscle cars. New this year is an opportunity to test drive cars of the future at the electric vehicle Ride-and-Drive exhibit.
- National City Mile of Cars, the nation’s leading auto dealership group, is teaming up with the California Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Collaborative (www.pevcollaborative.org) to kick off their Best.Ride.EVer! PEV Ride-and-Drive Series in southern California. The campaign aims at accelerating adoption of electric vehicles throughout California.
- In addition to addressing the lack of infrastructure necessary to support electric vehicle market growth, we are striving to increase ownership of electric vehicles. The Mile of Cars offers more than 5,000 new and certified pre-owned vehicles representing 21 brand names. Dealers will also be promoting the benefits of EV vehicles to over 5,000 event attendees. Visitors are invited to test drive EV vehicles such as the Ford e-Focus, Mitsubishi, Mossy Leaf, Fiat 500e, Chevy Volt, and a VW. If you like it, buy it!
- National City Chamber of Commerce supports modernized and zero fuel transportation through our Green Business Program initiative (learn more at gogreenbiz.org). “We believe this event if good for the economy, and the environment.” Shares Jacqueline Reynoso, President/CEO of the Chamber.
- The festival promotes tourism and community development by celebrating National City’s automotive history. Attendees will enjoy live music by Wildside band, a variety of food vendors, entertainment for children and retail booths. Children’s area will include martial arts exhibitions, the Magic of Alfonso, Allegro Music School band, face painters, train rides, free soccer clinic, Carnival games and much more. Guests are invited to stay the weekend in one of National City’s 12 hotels. To book your hotel room, go to www.VisitNationalCity.com.
- An awards ceremony at 3 p.m. will showcase first-place winners. Winners will be selected through a competitive ranking system by experienced car judges. Visitors to the event are encouraged to vote for their favorite car, which will be awarded “The People’s Choice.” Check out National City’s vintage Fire Engine, historic Rail Car, and the new Police Rescue bat-mobile!
- The event is free to spectators. Join us at Kimball Park, East 12th Street and D Ave., National City, CA from 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. The entry fee for those displaying their cars and motorcycles is $25 prior to July 31 and $30 thereafter.
- The National City Chamber of Commerce is one of the oldest business and trade organizations in the San Diego region. Dedicated to promoting business growth in National City, the chamber has been hosting this event for the last 24 years to celebrate the City’s automotive history.
For more information visit: www.automobileheritageday.com