Bogus bomb threat at Poway High puts school on lockdown
POWAY (CNS) – A bogus bomb threat prompted a roughly 90-minute lockdown
and a several-hour law enforcement search at Poway High School Wednesday.
Shortly after 10:30 a.m., sheriff's officials got a report that an
unidentified person had claimed that an explosive device was planted somewhere
on the Espola Road campus, Lt. William Donahue said.
Administrators at the school kept all students inside while deputies
searched the classrooms and grounds, finding nothing hazardous.
The school, which was on a previously planned minimum-day schedule, sent
the entire student body home at midday. Deputies gave an all-clear at the
campus about 1:30 p.m., sheriff's spokeswoman Melissa Aquino said.
“The half-day … (was) not connected to the bomb scare,” she said.
No arrests in the case had been announced by mid-afternoon.