Brandi’s Halloween treats!
KUSI's Brandi Williams offers up recipes for some fun Halloween treats that anyone can make at home!
1 package (about 15 ounces) Oreo Cookies
2 (3.9-ounces) packages instant chocolate pudding
4 cups milk
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces Cool Whip
Gummy worms (optional)
1. Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor (or, place the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin); set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together both boxes of the instant pudding with the milk for about 2 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low, add the powdered sugar, then gradually increase the speed back to medium until a fluffy texture is reached.
4. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate pudding, then fold in the Cool Whip until completely combined.
5. The dessert can be assembled in a number of ways – in a rectangular or square serving dish, in a trifle dish, or in individual cups. However you plan to serve it, layer the dessert with alternating layers of the crushed Oreos and pudding mixture, beginning and ending with the crushed Oreos. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before serving. Decorate the top with gummy worms before serving, if desired.
1. Devil's Food Cake mix
2. container of Cool Whip
3. small can of eagle brand milk
4. jar of caramel
5. jar of hot fudge
6. butterfinger candy bars
-bake the cake according to the directions…while it's baking, in a separate bowl, mix eagle brand milk, caramel and hot fudge together.
-get a zip lock back and place the unwrapped candy bars inside. take a rolling pin and mash up the butterfingers into tiny pieces.
-once cake is done, let it cool for about 10 minutes…then using the handle of a spatula, poke holes all throughout the cake.
-pour liquid mixture into all of the holes, filling the holes all the way up.
-spread the cool whip all over the top of the cake.
-sprinkle the crushed candy bars all over, then finish it off by drizzling the rest of the fudge, milk and carmel mixture on top of that.
“Grandma Addy's Cheese Ball”
2 cups of cheddar cheese
8 oz. pack of softened cream cheese
2 tbls. of diced red peppers
2 tbls. of diced white onion
1 tbls. of worcestershire sauce
small can of french fried onion rings
-mix all ingredients except for the onion rings, into a large bowl and roll it into a ball.
-place french fried onion rings in a zip lock bag and roll over them with a rolling pin to break them up into tiny pieces.
-on a piece of saran wrap, lay out the french fried onion rings and roll the ball over top of them…covering the ball with the onion ring crumbs.
-wrap the entire ball in saran wrap and refrigerate (best if refrigerated over night).
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
⅔ cups Butter Or Margarine
6 quarts Plain Popped Popcorn
2 packages Kool-Aid (Any Flavor You Want)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Preheat oven to 225 F.
Boil sugar, syrup and butter/margarine together for 3 minutes.
On a large shallow ungreased baking dish, spread out popped popcorn.
In a separate bowl, combine the Kool-Aid with the baking soda.
Remove sugar syrup from the stove and carefully stir in the Kool-Aid mixture. (Note: This will make the sugar mixture puff up. Be careful to not get burned.)
Now take sugar mixture and pour it over the popped popcorn. Carefully mix all till combined.
Place it in the oven and stir every 10 minutes. Repeat this 3 more times.
Take popcorn out of the oven and when it starts to cool, break it apart into pieces.
nutter butter cookies
fudge brownie mix
-bake the brownies according to the recipe (the double chunk, thick fudge ones work the best).
-refrigerate and let the brownies cool for about an hour.
-while they are cooling, take your black frosting pack and write RIP on 9 nutter butters.
-take brownies out of fridge and poke 3 rows of holes into the brownies, wide enough for the nutter butters to fit into.
-once they're in place, take the green frosting and paint a puffy line in front of them to make it look like grass in front of a tombstone.