Carbon monoxide safety

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Always check your carbon monoxide detector when traveling. That’s what fire officials are urging after responding to a scary incident involving Anna Faris.

Over Thanksgiving, the “Scary Movie” actress rented a home with her family at Lake Tahoe, where two family members felt ill and found out they had carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is often referred to as the silent killer as it is odorless and invisible and can easily be mistaken for altitude sickness. Symptoms include headache, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and difficulty breathing.

Mary Jean Anderson from Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air was in studio to discuss what we should be doing to make sure our homes are safe.

For more info: www.andersonplumbingheatingandair.com

Categories: Health, In Studio Guests, Local San Diego News