Chef-Driven bake sale to benefit San Diego’s homeless youth
San Diego’s top pastry chefs and bakers will showcase signature pastries at the 2019 Chef-Driven Bake Sale.
Hosted by Friendly Feast, a nonprofit organization that produces engaging culinary events to bring the community together and raise funds for local charities, the annual high-end bake sale will take place March 31 at Herb & Eatery’s gallery space in Little Italy.
All proceeds directly benefit Friendly Feast and Monarch School, a public school in Barrio Logan whose mission is to break the cycle of youth homelessness through education.
Guests can purchase a variety of unique pastries made by 12 chefs hailing from Wayfarer Bread, Cowboy Star, and Herb & Wood.
• When: March 31 from 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Where: The Gallery at Herb & Wood: 2210 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
• Tickets: General admission is at 11 a.m. with a $10 donation to enter; each pastry can be purchased for $5
• VIP tickets are sold for $40-80, and include early entry, four to 12 baked goods, a welcome drink from Domaine Santé and a surprise gift.
• Kids younger than 12 get in for free.