Cindy Whitmarsh – Easy tips to save you extra calories
Body weight only exercises! No equipment required and no excuses allowed!
Repeat each exercise 2/3 sets of 15/20 reps!
1. Star jump burpee
2. Diving squat
3. Jump the line
4. Angle lunge jumps
5. Bear crawl square
6. Mountain climber planks
7. Side plank hip raise and rotate
8. Rolly Polly vsit
Bonus Exercise! Plank knee tucks
Easy tips to save you extra calories get fit fast!
- Chew every bit 30 times! You will eat less because when you eat slower it gives your stomach time to tell you when you are full!
- Add 5 almonds to all your meals and snacks! The fat from the almonds will help you feel full longer!
- Follow this rule: Eat until you are satisfied, never stuffed or full! If you are full, your body is telling you..Storing fat!!!!!!!!!! Yuck!
- While driving, contract and release your abs every stop or stop light! The more you work your ab muscles, the faster you will see your 6 pack!
- Wear a pedometer to track your daily steps. Then set goal for each day for motivation. For example by noon you want to have stepped 3000 steps toward your daily goal of 10,000. Challenge a friend to do the same and race them to goal for fun!
- Movement is key to success but now ways we sit more than ever. Make sure you stand at least one hour a day instead of a time when you would sit. Example, while on phone, computer, or watching tv! You will burn more calories and at the end of the week your total caloric burn will aid in weight loss!
- You can save quite a few calories in baked items by cutting the sugar content by 25% and increasing sweet spices. Some good examples are cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and vanilla.
- Eat dinner early and then don’t eat 3 hours before you go to bed! You would be surprised how many extra calories can be consumed at night!
- Juice has as many calories, ounce for ounce, as soda. Instead of juice eat a piece of fruit! Its better to get the fiber from the fruit without the empty calories of juice!
- Save alcohol until weekends during holidays. When drinking choose red wine or wine spritzer.
- Don’t "graze" yourself to the fat house! You can easily munch 600 calories of pretzels or cereal without realizing it.
- Keep a food journal during the holidays. I swear by food journals! Every client of mine who handed in a food log always reached their goals! If you have to write down a donut??? Probably won’t eat it!
1. After you eat brush your teeth. This will stop mindless eating.
2. After you eat chew sugar free gum. This will deter you from munching on snacks.
3. Drink green tea or lemon water. This gives the hand to mouth motion without hidden calories.
4. Make sure your plate is half veggies at both lunch and dinner. This will fill you up with less calories! Always add a protein source to every meal. This will keep you satisfied longer so you will eat less!
5. See what you eat. Plate your food instead of eating out of the jar or bag.
6. Fast food? Never supersize your food portions — unless you want to supersize your body!
7. Make eating purposeful, not mindless. Sit down with no other distractions. This will help you enjoy your food more and will also help you decide when you are full, thus eating less!
8. Start eating a big breakfast. It helps you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.