Cindy Whitmarsh: Healthy version of your favorite sweet treats
Cardio lower body blast!
Repeat each exercise 2/3 sets of 15/20 reps!
1. Split feet
3. Heel digs
4. High knee taps
5. Straight kicks
6. Burpee Jacks
7. Cross jacks
8. 360 jumps
Bonus: Fast Feet
Cindy’s Recipe of the Week!
Ultradecadent Double-Chip Brownies
1 ¼ cups applesauce
2 ½ cups sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
¾ t. salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate mini chips
½ cup vanilla-flavored baking chips (such as Ghiradelli)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spoon applesauce into a fine sieve over a bowl; let stand for 15 minutes. Discard liquid. Scrape drained applesauce into a large bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and egg whites; stir well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add to applesauce mixture; stir just until moist. Fold in chips.
4. Spoon the batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Serving size: 1 Brownie
Cindy’s Healthy Sweet Ideas
Everyone loves desserts! But what can you possibly have when you are trying to lose weight and sugar is known to be the devil? Dessert is something that you don’t have to give up completely. Everything can be eaten in moderation.
What does that mean?
Depending on your goals and what you are trying to achieve, try to have desserts less often. Choose one day a week that you allow yourself a dessert. Then, on that night, choose a low-fat dessert and only have one piece. This way you won’t feel deprived and you’ll be able to reach your weight loss goals.
Here are some things to consider when choosing when, what and how much dessert to have:
- Be really good on your plan during the week and allow yourself one weekend night to have a desert.
- If having a dinner party that you need a desert for, make a low-fat desert that everyone can enjoy like angel food cake with strawberries and non-fat whipped cream.
- When out to dinner and everyone is ordering desert, share with a friend or just have a couple of bites of a desert rather than an entire dessert yourself.
- If out to dinner and you know that you want desert that night, make better carbohydrate choices for your meal. For example, instead of having a baked potato, a glass of wine, and a desert, have a 6 ounces of grilled fish with vegetables and then your desert.
- When baking deserts, use egg whites and applesauce to make it lower fat. Look on the Internet to find all kinds of low-fat, low-sugar recipes that make up delicious deserts.
- Enjoy sugar-free Popsicle’s, sugar-free instant pudding, and sugar-free instant Jell-O for an evening snack when those sugar craving hits.
Better dessert choices:
- Sorbet or low fat frozen yogurt is a better choice than regular ice cream.
- Low-fat graham cracker pie crust with low-fat or non-fat frozen yogurt inside. Freeze for a delicious pie.
- Low-fat graham cracker pie crust with sugar-free instant banana pudding, sliced bananas on top and non-fat whipped cream for
A delicious banana cream pie!
- Gingersnap cookies are a better choice than chocolate chip cookies.
- Angle food cake is a better choice than chocolate cake.
- A few pieces of licorice are a better choice than a chocolate candy bar.
- Low-fat versions are always better than full fat desserts! Most of the time they taste just as good and you don’t even miss the extra calories and fat!
Desserts don’t have to be taboo on your weight loss plan.
Just by making better choices when dining out and allowing yourself a little bit of desert here and there rather than every day, you’ll be able to still attain your weight loss goals without feeling deprived! Enjoy yourself! Make this plan a lifestyle that you can stick with! For other options of great low fat, quick and easy desserts look into purchasing the Ultrafit Cookbook that has Ultra-fast & Ultra-easy recipes. There is an entire chapter dedicated just to delicious desserts!
Here is the Product of the Week: My Ulra-fast & Ultra-easy recipe cookbook!
Stay Fit and Healthy!