Community events hosted at Petco Park
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The Padres season may be over but Petco Park still has many events in store!
Sycuan Stage at Park at the Park
• Sat, Nov. 2 – 2nd annual Dia de los Deftones festival featuring the Deftones, Chvrches, Gojira, JPEGMAFIA, Hum, Youth Code and Brutus
• Sun, Nov. 10 – French DJ, songwriter and producer Gesaffelstein
• Coheed & Cambria and Mastodon served as the first LiveNation show of the year on the Sycuan Stage back in June. Other acts to have played the truly unique venue this year include Vanilla Ice, Coolio, All-4-One, Color Me Badd and Young MC as part of the 90’s themed Downtown Throwdown, UB40 and Shaggy among others.
• It has been a priority of ours to fulfill the promise that Petco Park would become “More than a Ballpark.”
• In collaboration with LiveNation, the world’s leading live entertainment company, the Sycuan Stage in Park at the Park will host a minimum of eight national touring acts per year.
• The addition of the Sycuan Stage to Petco Park continues to establish Petco Park as an all-encompassing entertainment destination that the San Diego community can be proud of.
Padres Pedal the Cause
• Padres Pedal the Cause, our annual cycling fundraiser for cancer research, will take place on Saturday, November 16.
• Padres Pedal the Cause is a community of cancer fighters, including survivors, families, children, doctors and researchers who participate in the one-day cycling, running and stationary bike event at Petco Park.
• The event provides six opportunities for everyone to participate in the fight to end cancer, including four cycling courses throughout San Diego (25, 55, 88 or 100 miles), a 50-minute spin class on the field at Petco Park, a 5K walk/run, the Sempra Energy Kids Challenge (children ages 3-12 can join forces with costumed superheroes to ride laps around our safely enclosed course), as a virtual rider and as a volunteer.
• Those looking for more information on how to participate, donate or volunteer can visit www.gopedal.org.
• The original and best nine-hole ballpark golf experience is back in 2019 with The Links returning to Petco Park for the fifth year in a row from November 21-December 1. In partnership with Callaway, Petco Park will give golfers the unique opportunity to take shots onto the playing field from various tees along the course.
• Golfers will play with all Callaway equipment and have the opportunity to win unique prizes along the way.
• The 11-day run is the longest in the event’s history and extends through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend allowing for more local and out of town guests to enjoy the course.
• For more information or to reserve your tee time, visit www.padres.com/thelinks.
San Diego Symphony Concert
• In partnership with the San Diego Symphony, we are hosting the Concert for San Diego – a free community concert – in Petco Park’s Sycuan Stage at Park at the Park on Saturday, November 9th, at 3 p.m.
• New Music Director Rafael Payare and the San Diego Symphony Orchestra will perform some of the world’s greatest music including works by Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Berlioz.
• While the event is sold out, it demonstrates San Diego’s excitement surrounding the variety in musical acts that are performing at Petco Park.
• For more information, fans can visit www.sandiegosymphony.org.
• Some of the biggest names in the industry have played at Petco Park, including Paul McCartney this past June.
• In 2020, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer, three of the biggest acts in rock music, will play the main field at Petco Park as part of their HELLA MEGA TOUR on July 24, 2020.
• Rapper, NF, will also play the Sycuan Stage at the Park at the Park in May of 2020 as part of his The Search Tour.
• Petco Park hopes to announce other headline acts in the near future as part of their 2020 concert lineup.
• We recently announced a multi-year agreement with KAABOO – Southern California’s largest music, comedy, art and culinary festival – beginning in September of 2020.
• Formerly KAABOO Del Mar, KAABOO San Diego will celebrate its sixth festival event with a move to Petco Park and its surrounding venues from September 18-20, 2020.
• Greupner quote: “We are extremely excited to welcome of the largest and most successful festival experiences in the country. Our venue and downtown ballpark district offer the perfect setting for an event of this magnitude and further establishes Petco Park as the premier entertainment destination in Southern California.”
• KAABOO SD will utilize various areas inside of, and around, Petco Park, including the playing field, Sycuan Stage, Lexus Premier Lot and the Tailgate Lot.
• To purchase passes, visit www.kaaboosd.com.