Encinitas gas leak leaves one person dead

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A home gas leak on the 200 block of Florita Street in Encinitas Friday resulted in the death of one person.

The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department confirmed the incident, where firefighters and officials from San Diego Gas and Electric were called to the scene.

The name of the victim, who was reported dead at 11 a.m., has yet to be released.

According to Lt. Jim Bolwerk, it was unclear if the death was a suicide or if it was accidental.

This is a developing story. Check back for more information.

Categories: KUSI