Encinitas residents hold public forum to end homelessness
ENCINITAS (KUSI) — The Encinitas community is attempting to end homelessness by asking the experts.
A public forum — “Ending Homelessness in Encinitas: Great Strides and Next Steps” — was scheduled for Tuesday evening by the Community Resource Center, the City of Encinitas and the Encinitas Advisory Committee.
Established in 1979, Community Resource Center (CRC) is a nonprofit organization that works to end hunger, homelessness and domestic violence in San Diego County. CRC provides housing assistance and case management; a domestic violence shelter, transitional housing and hotline; nutritional food distribution; and counseling.
Participants receive support to create paths to safety, stability and self-sufficiency
Guest panelists will include:
• Mayor Catherine Blakespear, City of Encinitas
• Captain John Maryon, Encinitas Sheriff
• Michael Williams, formerly-homeless author and veteran
• Michael McConnell, homeless advocate
• Stephan Russell, Executive Director of the San Diego Housing Federation