Family of 5 displaced after generator fire spreads to Egger Highlands house
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A family of five and their pets were displaced this morning when a fire gutted their home in the Egger Highlands neighborhood of southern San Diego, authorities said.
The non-injury blaze was reported around 2:45 a.m. at a house in the 1700 block of Thelborn Way, south of Satellite Boulevard, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
Firefighters arrived and found that flames had spread from the back of the property to the house, a fire dispatch supervisor said.
Crews doused the fire and had the flames knocked down within 35 minutes, the dispatch supervisor said.
The American Red Cross was called in to help the displaced residents, two adults, three children, a dog, a cat and a pig, arrange for temporary lodging.