How to make your holiday table look professionally decorated
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – We’re well into the holiday season, and if you want to make your home more festive, listen up!
Wendy Generes, Editor of San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles magazine, and Meagan Swabb, Founder of M. Swabb Interior Design, shared some insight live on Good Morning San Diego.
Here are more suggestions for setting a gorgeous table.
1. Put mint, lavender, rosemary, sage, dried fruit or cinnamon sticks in glass cups. They look festive on the table and add fragrance to the room.
2. Shop for vintage candleholders and mix them up when you place them on the table (or on a mantel or shelf). “We love that found look and the older the better.”
3. Layer color, textures and accessories on the table for a lush look that can be switched up to appear modern or traditional, chic or natural. “We love layering and staggering color.”
4. Add holiday cheer by running strings of beads down the middle of a rectangular table. Hint: Use red to give you the feel of cranberries, silver or gold for glitzy glamour and white for elegance.
5. Stagger mini pine trees, pine cones and acorns on the table for a natural touch and then add strands of twinkling lights to bring in sparkle.
6. If you like to DOY floral arrangements, Maegan suggests using natural items like baby’s breath, berries, Billy Buttons, magnolias, marigolds, pine, rosemary, roses, strawflower, thistle or yarrow.
7. Intertwin bare branches with fruit, moss, pine cones, eucalyptus, acorns, shimmery garlands and/or votive candles.