1 dead, 7 ill after carbon monoxide exposure in California

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a man died and seven other people were hospitalized after they were exposed to carbon monoxide at a Southern California home.

Kern County officials say crews were initially sent to the house in Bakersfield on Saturday following reports of a fire.

Firefighters found no flames but they did find what they determined was a medical emergency, with multiple people suffering from carbon monoxide exposure.

KBAK-TV reports one man was pronounced dead. Seven others were hospitalized in unknown condition.

The incident is under investigation.

Categories: California News