10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. HOUSE DEMOCRATS POISED FOR MORE COHEN TESTIMONY
Trump’s former lawyer returns to Capitol Hill for a fourth day of questioning as Democrats pursue investigations into Trump’s White House, businesses and presidential campaign.
2. FORMER NISSAN CHAIRMAN LEAVES DETENTION FACILITY
Carlos Ghosn, held nearly four months for alleged financial fraud, appears to have left a detention center in Tokyo in disguise after posting $8.9 million bail.
3. MONSTER TWISTER TAKES 10 RELATIVES FROM 1 ALABAMA FAMILY
Cousins Cordarrly Jones and Demetria Jones say their grandparents, an uncle and seven cousins are all gone after the deadliest U.S. tornado in nearly six years ripped through tiny Beauregard.
4. IS MILITANTS REMAIN ORGANIZED, AND BRUTAL
As final defeat looms in Syria, the extremists continue benefits like food and money to supporters while their religious police and fighters rule with fear and brutality.
5. WHY A MEANINGFUL US-CHINA TRADE DEAL COULD BE ELUSIVE
Beijing’s longstanding policy of subsidizing its own businesses and charges that it illicitly obtains U.S. technology remain key obstacles.
6. SPECIAL K-TYPE DRUG TABBED FOR DEPRESSION
A mind-altering medication related to the club drug wins U.S. approval for patients with hard-to-treat depression.
7. NORTH KOREA REBUILDING STRUCTURES AT ROCKET SITE
Just days after the failed Trump-Kim nuclear summit, experts and officials say Pyongyang is restoring facilities at a long-range rocket launch site that it dismantled last year.
8. HOUSE MEASURE TO CONDEMN ANTI-SEMITISM
House leaders plan a resolution against anti-Semitism in the wake of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s controversial remarks about U.S.-Israel policy.
9. FATHER OF UK TEEN WHO JOINED IS SAYS DON’T SCRAP CITIZENSHIP
Shamima Begum’s father also says that she should return to Britain from Syria and be punished if it was determined she had committed a crime.
10. ‘DIDN’T DO THIS STUFF’
R&B singer R. Kelly tells “CBS This Morning” that rumors of him having sex with and abusing underage girls are “not true” and he’s fighting for his life.