The Latest: 7 Tennessee victims died of blunt force injuries

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Latest on the investigation into seven people killed in rural Tennessee (all times local):

4:50 p.m.

The medical examiner in Nashville says the causes of death for seven people found dead in two homes in rural Tennessee included multiple blunt force injuries and some sharp force injuries.

Dr. Feng Li said Tuesday in a phone interview that all seven people were the victims of homicide. There was no evidence of bullet wounds.

The victims include the parents and uncle of suspect Michael Cummins. The 25-year-old was caught Saturday, hours after the first bodies were found in one of two rural Sumner County homes.

Cummins was shot and wounded during the capture and was still in the hospital on Tuesday. An eighth victim found wounded but alive at one of the homes was also hospitalized.

___

3:50 p.m.

A Tennessee man suspected of killing his parents and five others was close to being arrested for probation violations.

Twenty-five-year-old Michael Cummins was caught Saturday, hours after bodies were found in two rural Sumner County homes.

Court records show Cummins had been on probation after serving just 16 months of a 10-year sentence.

He was convicted of attempting to burn down a neighbor’s house and assaulting her when she tried to put out the fire.

Sumner District Attorney Ray Whitley says Cummins’ probation officer had been preparing another arrest warrant for Cummins’ violation of a no-contact order with the neighbor and failure to get a mental health evaluation.

The officer wasn’t able to get a judge to sign the warrant, but Whitley says it’s unlikely Cummins would have been arrested immediately.

Categories: National & International News