IDEA World Convention comes to San Diego
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – – IDEA Health & Fitness Association, the world’s leading organization of fitness and wellness professionals, is bringing the IDEA World Convention to the company’s headquarters city of San Diego, June 27–July 1, 2018. This annual event hosts more than 14,000 national and international personal trainers, group fitness instructors, owners and managers, mind-body professionals, and nutrition professionals. IDEA World offers a comprehensive experience that includes world-renown education on fitness and nutrition science, in-depth training for business owners and managers, and fun and inspiring workouts and workshops from industry leaders. Participants have the unique opportunity to network with experts and peers, focusing on how to positively change the lives of the clients and members they serve.
This year’s program features more than 350 sessions led by 225 of the most successful and experienced experts in their field, all designed to provide fitness professionals with the tools they need to build a successful career. Topics include personal training techniques and theory, exercise science and research, small and large group training, niche audiences, nutrition and behavior change, business, marketing, technology, mind-body programming, group exercise programs, dance and barre, and the latest in indoor cycling, among many others.
The 2018 IDEA World Convention will host five unique events within the event, adding new areas of focus to meet the evolving educational needs of fitness and nutrition professionals as well as fitness business owners and manager.
· Back for the third year, the IDEA World Club & Studio Summit is a “how- -to-succeed” event for business owners and managers to connect with other motivated leaders and learn best practices straight from presenters who are all running top-producing clubs and studios.
· The IDEA® World Nutrition & Behavior Change Summit is a unique event that pairs evidence-based nutrition and behavioral science research to give attendees new tools, techniques and application strategies to help clients transform their lives.
· In collaboration with the American Council on Exercise® (ACE), the IDEA World Convention will host the ACE Mover Academy, a series of thought-provoking sessions led by ACE experts that will help fitness professionals excel in their career by creating more active communities.
· For the first time ever, LES MILLS®, the world’s largest provider of group training programs, is bringing its popular Les Mills LIVE event to IDEA World for an unforgettable experience with the best trainers and instructors in the world.
· The IDEA Success Academy brings together top entrepreneurs and inspirers who their secrets and personal advice behind building successful careers, businesses and lives.
“We are thrilled to be back home in San Diego for what will be the most epic event of the year. Each year we aim to create an event that features the best in education, experiences and inspiration to continue to help fitness pros as well as fitness business owners build a rewarding, life-changing career,” says IDEA senior director of events Kellie Kaseburg. “This year we welcome the entire fitness world to experience brand new education, special events and Expo Hall excitement not available anywhere else. Attendees will leave recharged and ready to change the world.”
The IDEA World Convention will be held in San Diego, CA, June 27–July 1, 2018. For more information or to register, please visit www.ideafit.com/world.