IRS last minute filing advice
(KUSI) – The Internal Revenue Service is reminding self-employed individuals, retirees, investors and others who pay their taxes quarterly that the first estimated tax payment for tax year 2019 is due Monday, April 15, 2019, for most taxpayers.
Some advice from Raphael Tulino with the IRS:
• Extension of time to file; automatic, six months but not to pay.
• File an accurate return the first time. Don’t submit out of haste and miss out. (See above)
• Two avenues for free tax preparation through April 15 online (IRS Free File) and in the community IRS VITA program.
• What to do if you cannot pay
• Tax planning / April 15 is also a deadline for first qtr 2019 estimated tax payments—normally made 4x/year.