Join the Red Jacket Army – PPR applications now being accepted!
Are you ready for the challenge of a lifetime?
The PPR Red Jacket is a badge of honor. Anyone who has earned the privilege of wearing one knows what the most coveted garment in high school sports symbolizes.
It means you didn’t blink at sacrificing every fall Friday night, often standing guard in the hot sun or bone-chilling cold. It means your attention to detail is exceeded only by your ability to perform assigned tasks under intense deadline pressure. Most importantly, the Red Jacket means your dedication to San Diego high school football is beyond reproach.
There are two types of Red Jackets: PPR Video Producer/Editor and PPR Content Creators.
- You must be available every Friday night from mid-August to the Silver Pigskin Gala in December. Our PPR Red Jacket Content Creators will be laser-focused on telling stories that matter most to digital and social users, and doing it better than anyone else.
- If you’re smart, fast on your feet, team oriented and full of energy, this may be the job for you. We need experts in digital and social media platforms. You must know football and can recognize a storyline within the game when you see it, and you must be able to create that story line to tell the story on digital. You must thrive in a competitive, fearless culture of creativity and expertise.
- The ideal PPR Content Creator knows football, lives and breathes digital content, and is driven by a passion for storytelling and staying ahead of the competition.
- The ideal Video Producer/Editor has experience shooting and editing unscripted content for on-air broadcast and ALL digital platforms.
- The Video Producer/Editor possess’s the ability to craft a compelling narrative that aligns with the KUSI PPR brand. Organizational and collaborative skills, as well as an ability to prioritize are a must.
Responsibilities: Content Creator
- Create compelling, UX-Focused (User Experience) content related to San Diego High School football news, events, and topics relevant to the local audience and beyond. This includes text stories, photos/graphics, breaking news stories, and social media elements.
- We want to engage and build loyalty among communities. PPR Red Jackets serve as a liaison to PPR Papa Pig (Paul Rudy) in the studio, to ensure digital and social dominance.
- PPR Red Jacket Content Creators must reach and engage users on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Work with KUSI’s Content Directors (Digital Team) to distribute high interest stories at scale. Follow KUSI’s content guidelines.
Responsibilities: Video Producer/Editor
- Will shoot, produce, direct and edit games in multiple formats including, but not limited to, Comedic clips, highlight montages, interviews and full game coverage.
- You will edit different versions of your source video, with each version being optimized for the destination social platform (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook).
Requirements for both positions:
- Experience developing and publishing content, on digital and social platforms is preferred.
- Experience in shooting/editing.
- Interest in Digital Publishing.
- Excellent writer and Storyteller with superior “high school football news” judgement.
- Knowledge of social media, football, pop culture, and current events.
- Experience editing unscripted web content, montages, comedic clips, interviews, and football games.
- Great writing and copy editing skills and attention to detail.
- Thrive under deadline pressure.
- Stellar communication skills.
All KUSI Prep Pigskin Report Employees:
- Must be punctual
- Must be willing to learn and learn quickly.
- Must be available every Friday night from August to the Silver Pigskin Gala in December
- Must possess clean driving record.
- Must have HD quality video gear and sports experience if applying for videography positions
The Prep Pigskin Report has launched hundreds of TV careers. Are you ready to step onto the launch pad and see if you have the right stuff? Applications are now being accepted. Interested field producers, Pigskin Idol coordinators, videographers and social media content generators should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.