La Jolla restaurant owner arrested for multiple felony charges, including rape
LA JOLLA (KUSI) — A La Jolla restaurant owner was arrested Wednesday on multiple felony charges including rape, according to San Diego police.
Daniel Dorado, 59, was booked into Central Jail in San Diego on six felony charges with multiple counts.
According to San Diego Sheriff’s, the charges are:
- Rape, victim unconscious of act (two counts)
- Sex with a foreign object, victim unaware (one count)
- Oral copulation, victim unconscious of act (two counts)
- Sexual battery of a restrained person (four counts)
- Assault with intent to commit a felony (four counts)
- Administering a controlled substance by force (five counts)
Dorado is the owner of Voce del Mare, an Italian-style restaurant located at 5721 La Jolla Blvd. in Bird Rock.
He is eligible for release in the bail amount of $900,000. Dorado’s first court appearance is currently scheduled for Monday, April 2.
This is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available.