Man who robbed several La Mesa banks pleaded guilty to robbery and attempted robbery
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A man who held up several banks last month in La Mesa, San Diego and Escondido pleaded guilty Tuesday to robbery and attempted robbery counts.
Christopher Wright, 47, is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 4 at the downtown courthouse.
In a hearing before Superior Court Judge Michael Groch, the defendant pleaded guilty to five counts of robbery and one count of attempted robbery.
The holdups occurred between Sept. 4 and Sept. 23, said Deputy District Attorney Jim Koerber.
As part of his plea agreement, Wright agreed to pay restitution of $10,453, the prosecutor said.
The defendant is expected to be sentenced to about 14 years behind bars.