More San Diego County Renters expected in 2020
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – More people are expected to rent in 2020 according to Real Estate expert Louie Ortiz.
According Ortiz current real estate data suggests:
• The number of renters grew twice as fast as number of homeowners
• Rent prices in San Diego recently were up 2.7% for the year
• Aging renters (60 and up) account for a growing share of the rental market
• More Millennial renting by choice and necessity
• Number of active listings down as much as 32% for the year in San Diego County
• San Diego Median home price hits all time high of $594,000
Ortiz also shared some strategies on finding off market property:
• Send letter to homeowners where you desire to live.
• Contact non owner-occupied homeowners
• Contact HOA and property managers in area you are seeking
• Network with homeowners, real estate agents in area you are seeking