National City prepares for security for Bernie Sanders rally
NATIONAL CITY (KUSI) — National City started preparations Friday for a presidential candidate event Saturday night.
Bernie Sanders is scheduled to appear at Kimball Park Saturday night.
Part of the preparations include security.
For those planning on attending the rally, the San Diego Sheriff’s Department released the following information.
- The gates to the parking lot at the event site will not open until 11:00 a.m. No attendees will be allowed into the venue prior to 11:00 a.m. Parking is extremely limited at Rancho Buena Vista High School and attendees are encouraged to carpool and use mass transit to commute to the event.
- For the safety of all involved, there will be absolutely no street parking on Longhorn Drive, Shadowridge Drive, South Melrose Drive or any of the surrounding neighborhood streets. Parking violations will be strictly enforced.
For those not planning to attend, planning an alternate route may be necessary.
The following road closures will be in effect:
- Antigua Drive at Shadowridge Drive will be closed to all vehicles excluding residents with identification
- Antigua Drive at Longhorn Drive and Longhorn Drive at Antigua will be closed to all vehicular traffic.
- Promontory Ridge at Longhorn Drive will be closed to all vehicular traffic.
- Crystal Ridge at Longhorn will be closed to all vehicular traffic.