One injured in Rancho Bernardo house fire

SAN DIEGO (CNS) – An electrical problem sparked a fire at a Rancho Bernardo home early Tuesday, injuring a resident and causing $75,000 in damage, authorities said.

The fire at 11275 Calenda Road broke out around 12:15 a.m., according to a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department dispatcher, who said the blaze was knocked down about 40 minutes later.

Paramedics took the injured resident to a hospital, she said. The extent of the injury was unclear.

Categories: KUSI