Packing and shipping prep for the holidays
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The busiest week for the postal service begins the week before Christmas Eve.
UPS Packing Tips:
- Take batteries out of items before shipping.
- Use a sturdy new box with secure corners to provide additional protection. Do not use old boxes or gift boxes to ship gifts, or string or wrapping paper on the outside of the package.
- Use at least two inches of packaging material on each side of your item.
- Make sure the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are visible both inside and outside of the package.
- Use packing tape on all package seams. Do not use masking, cellophane or duct tape.
Key Shipping Dates: For domestic delivery on Monday, Dec. 24 Christmas Eve, ship:
- Tuesday, Dec. 18: Last day to ship UPS 3 Day Select® for packages to be delivered before Christmas Day.
- Thursday, Dec. 20: Last day to ship UPS 2nd Day Air® packages for delivery on Christmas Eve.
- Friday, Dec. 21: Last day to ship UPS Next Day Air® packages for delivery on Christmas Eve.