Rolando-area fire displaces one

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – 2:01 p.m. – A fire that erupted in a Rolando-area home was caused by a clothes dryer, authorities reported Wednesday.

The non-injury blaze began spreading through an attached garage at the house in the 4400 block of Carling Drive shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department. 

Three people were displaced, not the originally reported one person.

11:34 a.m. – A fire at a Rolando-area home left one person displaced and caused about $75,000 in damage, but no one was injured, fire officials said Wednesday.

The blaze broke out for unknown reasons at the house at the corner of Carling and Lorca drives shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Firefighters had the blaze knocked down in about 30 minutes, a fire dispatcher said. What sparked the fire has yet to be determined.

Categories: KUSI