SDSU kicks off annual Aztecs Rock Hunger Food Drive
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The upcoming holiday season requires even more attention on San Diego’s food insecurity.
The 10th annual Aztecs Rock Hunger Food Drive kicked off today. Led by Associated Students, the event collects non-perishable food and monetary donations for the Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank.
Dustin Adkins, SDSU A.S. Vice President of Financial Affairs, and Jim Floros, San Diego Food Bank President & CEO, were in studio to tell us more.
This year there are six easy ways to donate:
- Make a monetary donation
- Online Virtual Food Pantry: https://www.fooddriveonline.org/sandiegofoodbank/index.php?s=AztecsRockHunger2019
- Venmo @AztecsRockHunger2019
- Online through the Aztec Proud Campaign
- All campus Starbucks, eateries, markets and the SDSU Bookstore
- Aztec Proud Events on campus: https://as.sdsu.edu/rockhunger/events
- Select SDSU athletic Events: https://as.sdsu.edu/rockhunger/events
- Place nonperishable food in the red bins throughout campus
- Donate through local Community Partners: https://as.sdsu.edu/rockhunger/partners