Summer family activities with Family Entourage
Summer is here and soon enough the kids are going to be saying, “I’m bored. There’s nothing to do.” So rather than get to that point, we wanted to share some fun things you can do together as a family.
Family Entourage joined Good Morning San Diego to help parents create some fun family memories together and be active:
• You hear all the time about how tennis and golf are life sports, so start your kids young and grab your clubs and get out on a course. We belonged to a country club growing up and it was so fun to get it out and play as a family. But gone are the days where only the members can play, the San Diego area boasts more than 90 golf courses, laid out among seaside settings, desert mountains or the inland valleys.
• Cool down with a family movie-There are those days that it might just be too hot or it is raining, or you have done so many activities that you need to take a break. It can be fun to watch a movie together as a family.
• Lake Life -As the summer heats up, you don’t have to go too far to enjoy water activities. Break away from the beach this summer and escape to the sunny shores of Lake San Marcos. Enjoy a leisurely ride in a kayak, or strike a pose on the stand up paddle board, water bikes to a captained luxury Bennington boat rental. You can also cast away in hopes of reeling in the catch of the day while fishing off the docks.
• Whether you prefer Storm Troopers or Wizards with Wands, space travel or time travel, patriotic or the classics… the San Diego Symphony’s Bayside Summer Nights is the perfect choice for the whole family to spend and unparalleled under the stars. It’s the long-running summer concert series located on the Embarcadero Marina Park South and this summer’s lineup is top notch. patriotic Star Spangled Pops, 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular, two nights of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ In Concert with John Williams’ unforgettable score performed live to the film, J.K. Rowling’s classic tale Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince™ In Concert and two special Comic-Con week concerts inside Copley Symphony Hall, Jacobs Music Center featuring the world premiere of Galaxy Quest™ In Concert and Back To The Future™© In Concert.
• Go for a ride-Some of my favorite memories growing up were riding bikes with friends around the neighborhood. Whether it is exploring a new trail, cruising along the beach or learning how to ride a bike for the first time, summer time is a great time to take a family bike ride. There are over 20 mountain bike trails in San Diegocounty alone. It can be fun to pick out a new trail or spot and make a day trip out of it. For us, our boys are just at the beginning stages of learning how to ride a bike.