The Crossroads Between PTSD and PTG (Post Traumatic Growth)
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Studies show that first responders have elevated rates of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety and alcohol use when compared to the general population.
Unfortunately, first responders are not trained to deal with the mental and emotional impact of what they see.
H3 Heroes Helping Heroes 4LIFE is a worldwide grassroots nonprofit organization supporting and serving “Wellness on the Front Lines” 4 Heroes 1st Responders & Heroes Military and their Families.
Founder Mark A. George was at KUSI to tell us more.
For more info on H3 Heroes Helping Heroes 4Heroes4Life, visit: https://heroeshelpingheroes4life.com/
For free, confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- For Español: 1-888-628-9454
- For Deaf & Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4889
- To chat with a counselor online, visit: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- To text with a trained Crisis Counselor, text the word “HOME” to 741-741, https://www.crisistextline.org/
- If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911.