Unattended cooking fire damages El Cajon apartment building

EL CAJON (CNS) – A midday fire damaged an El Cajon apartment building Monday.

The blaze in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue erupted about 1:20 p.m., according to Heartland Fire & Rescue. Crews had the flames under control within 15 minutes and were able to contain them to a single ground-floor unit in the two-story structure, a dispatcher said.

It was later determined that the cause of the fire was “unattended cooking.” Damage was estimated at $75,000 to the structure and $25,000 to the contents.

Two adults were home when the fire occurred but were able to escape.

Categories: KUSI