USS Midway named top tourist destination in California
California’s hottest ticket is to the longest-serving U.S. aircraft carrier of the 20th century, now docked in San Diego. The museum includes extensive galleries, holds 30 restored military aircrafts, and spans 10 acres of exhibits and displays.
Time Magazine released a list on Monday listing each state’s single most popular tourist activity. When it came to California, it was the USS Midway Museum as the “hottest ticket” in state. The Midway was selected instead of such longtime California icons as Yosemite, the Golden Gate Bridge, beaches, major attractions in L.A. and elsewhere, etc. The designation was based on TripAdvisor data:
• Midway is #1 out of 453 things to do in San Diego
• More than 20,000 Midway guest reviews have an overall rating of 4.5 stars (out of 5)
• Midway is the 5th most popular museum in America, (out of 35,000 museums of all types!)
• Midway is the most-visited ship museum in the world
• Midway has set 8 consecutive annual attendance records (2010-2017) and is running ahead last year’s record pace again this year