Valley Center stinging death caused by allergic reaction

SAN DIEGO (CNS) – A Valley Center man who died after being stung by
wasps in his yard last week succumbed to an allergic reaction to their venom,
the Medical Examiner's Office reported Monday.

Bruce Umland, 65, was working on his Montanya Drive property when the
insects attacked him shortly before 2 p.m. Thursday, according to the county
agency.

Umland died at the scene about a half-hour later, despite medics'
attempts to save his life.

An autopsy determined that the cause of death was anaphylaxis, with
hypertensive cardiovascular disease a contributing factor.

Categories: KUSI