Village Walk at Eastlake features free holiday family events
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – While you may be rushing or dreading the holiday shopping, one group is trying to put some holiday cheer into your routine.
This weekend, Eastlake is kicking off their annual Village Walk, which includes magical snowfall.
Dianna Lawless, Senior Marketing Director of the Village Walk at EastLake, was in studio to tell us about it.
Village Walk at EastLake:
878 Eastlake Parkway Chula Vista, CA 91914
Intersection of EastLake Parkway and Miller Drive in Chula Vista
Saturday, December 7
12 – 3 p.m. Free Holiday Family Festival
• Real-bearded Santa
• Holiday train rides and more free family fun activities
• Daytime snowfall at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
5:30 – 7:15 p.m.: 1st Snowfall of Season Free Event
• Discovery STEAM Charter School Choir performs at 5:30 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.
• Magical snowfall at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. with choreographed music and lights (free snowfall continues nightly through Dec. 24)
December 7 – 24, Free Nightly Snowfalls at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Village Walk at EastLake courtyard becomes nightly holiday wonderland with magical snowfall, accompanied by choreographed music and lights. The falling snow looks and feels real. Children get free “magic” glasses to watch the snow falling in rainbow colors.
• Caroling groups sing between the two nightly snowfalls
December 8 and December 15 from 4 – 6 p.m., Free Giant Snow Globe Experience
• Giant Snow Globe is perfect holiday photo backdrop near the children’s play area
• People can bring cameras or smart phone to take pictures or (no cost) the snow globe photographer can take their pictures.
December 16, 17 & 18 Las Posadas Caroling
Community caroling groups will feature songs to celebrate the beginning of Las Posadas, a nine-day Hispanic holiday. The groups are AMP Vocal Fusion on December 16, Girl Scout Troop 5283 on December 17 and St. Rose of Lima Glee on December 18.