Violent threats prompt lockdowns at three San Diego public schools

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Nearly simultaneous threats of violence prompted precautionary lockdowns, evacuations and searches Monday at two San Diego public schools and a third in the North County.

Staffers at Clairemont and Lincoln high schools and at Bonsall West Elementary in Oceanside received the menacing anonymous telephone calls about 11:30 a.m., according to police.

Teachers at the two secondary schools kept students secured in their classrooms while school and city police searched the grounds and buildings, San Diego Unified School District spokeswoman Linda Zintz said.

Administrators at the primary school evacuated all pupils, then canceled classes for the day as officers conducted a sweep of the site.

There were no reports of anything hazardous found at any of the campuses as of early afternoon, by which time the lockdowns had been lifted.

It was unclear if the same person was responsible for all three incidents. The call that the Oceanside school received was computer-generated and mentioned a bomb, according to police. Zintz said she was unaware of the nature of the threats directed at the high schools in Clairemont and Lincoln Park.

Categories: Local San Diego News