What you need to know before Cyber Monday shopping
(KUSI) – Cyber Monday is expected to be the largest online shopping day in history with an estimated $7.8 billion in sales.
San Diego-based advertising agency Fidelitas Development’s CEO Tyler Sickmeyer had some advice how shoppers can take advantage of some the best deals of the year.
Sickmeyer said “Cyber-Monday is now referred to as “Cyber-Week” by many online retailers.”
Some other tips from Fidelitas:
- Shoppers should follow brands on Facebook and Instagram and sign up for email lists in order to find additional savings.
- Pay attention to your local businesses as many of them will be offering competitive sales online through their own websites and social media channels.
- Don’t Trust Amazon: many brands and retailers will offer bigger discounts on their own sites if you’re willing to wait on standard shipping times, so be sure to shop around first.
- Big Box Stores will continue to try and go head to head with Amazon all week long, so look for savings on Google Home products, 4k TVs, and home appliances.
- Some of the best buys today will be on computers, travel, and clothing- it’s a great time to shop for airline tickets.