Women in the Workplace – Dressing for Success
It’s important to feel confident from inside and let that wardrobe support that. It’s good to put on clothes that you feel good in.
The pendulum of professional workplace attire is constantly swinging back and forth between formal and casual looks. Many companies that once had business formal dress codes, tried going casual, and then found they needed to bring it back again.
- Dressing for Success can change the professional lives of women.
- What is considered a “professional” look varies from city to city and industry to industry.
- San Diego (and most of Southern California for that matter) is known for its extremely relaxed work environments – jeans, t-shirts and flip flops have since become the norm in many industries.
- The 1980s power suit was designed to ignore a woman’s shape so it didn’t hinder her mobility as she worked her way up the corporate ladder.
- Dressing up may put more money in your pocket and will help you stand out by being better dressed than your peers. It becomes a huge opportunity for those looking to launch their careers.
- Dress for the job you want, not the job you have!
- Pulling together your professionalism with your apparel is the cheapest form of marketing you could ever do!
- Looking good, helps you feel good and instantly boosts your presence and credibility.
- You behave more dominantly and you compromise less…looking sharp helps you bring your “A-game”.
- Dressing professionally doesn’t have to be “stuffy”.
- Today’s styles offer lots of options to look professional, yet with really interesting, distinctive and fun characteristics.
- You don’t need to spend a ton of money
- Don’t buy a ton – you just need a few pieces, that you can change up with accessories.